Jonathan D'Silva is a registered patent attorney who practices various aspects of intellectual property law from prosecuting patent, trademark, and copyright applications, to drafting agreements for the sale or licensing of intellectual property, to the enforcement of intellectual property rights.
Jonathan deals with not only the science, engineering, and technology aspects of intellectual property, but also the business aspects. He works closely with CEOs, R&D engineers, small business owners, and inventors to make sure that they understand the options available to them and how best to protect their intellectual property assets.
Jonathan works to protect his clients' intellectual property locally, state-wide, nationally, and internationally. Jonathan is active in the community and is and has been a board member of many non-profit organizations. He also gives presentations and lectures on intellectual property issues to students at various regional colleges and universities and to the public through many of the local and regional economic development organizations.
Jonathan has been recognized as a 2014 Pennsylvania Rising Star by the Super Lawyers publication.
- J.D., University at Buffalo Law School - Buffalo, New York, 2005
- M. Eng Agricultural & Biological Engineering, Cornell University - Ithaca, New York, 1999
- B.S. Agricultural & Biological Engineering, Cornell University - Ithaca, New York, 1998
Bar & Court Admissions Pennsylvania
- New York
- District of Columbia
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Court of Common Pleas of Erie County, Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Judicial Department
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- District Court of the Western District of Pennsylvania
Memberships & Associations
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association (PA)
- Erie County Bar Association (NY)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Chair, Erie County Bar Association (PA) New Citizen Committee
- Member, Erie County Bar Association Young Lawyers Committee
- Member, Erie County Bar Association Technology Committee
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- The Oasis Project - Farmer's Market - CEO (May 2017-Present)
- TEDxErie, Lead Curator (2015-Present)
- Innovation Collaborative, Member of the Board (December 2014-Present).
- Purple Martin Conservation Association, Board of Directors, (Vice President 2011-Present, Member 2010-Present)
- InnovationErie:Design Competition (Chair 2010-2013 and 2015, Member 2009-2015 and 2018-Present)
- stARTup Incubator, Board of Directors, (President 2011-2013, Member 2011-2014)
- eBizITPA Center for E-Business and Advanced IT (Vice Chair, 2010-2012)
- International Institute of Erie, Board of Directors, (Vice President 2008-2009, Member 2005-2009)
- Rising Star, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (2013, 2014)
- The American Bar Association Section of Intellectual Property Law and The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. Award For Excellence in the Study of Intellectual Property Law (2005)
- Editor-in-Chief of the Buffalo Intellectual Property Law Journal (2004-2005)
- Judge, Oh-Penn For Business College Business Plan Competition (2014-2015)
- Essay Judge, National Engineers Week Future City Competition (2000-2013)
- Investment Committee Chair, Sigma Chi Delta Co-Educational Fraternity (1999-Present)